Night Assassins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Night Assassins

Modified cars, Shows, cruises....

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Headunit Install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony

Tony

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Headunit Install Empty
PostSubject: Headunit Install   Headunit Install EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Headunits (basic install)

• First things first you’ll need to remove the old unit using the manufacturers specific tool (no that isn’t a screw driver), slot the tool into the slots on the head unit and with a gentle pull the old unit should slide out.
• Unclip the wiring loom from the back of the unit, its easier if you leave it dangling so its easy to get to later on.
• Now for the cage, this wont fit with your new head unit so unless you plan on keeping it to put the standard unit back in you can remove it how ever you wish and bin it.
• Time for the new cage to go in, you’ll only need to bend a few of the locking tabs over to hold it in place.
• If needed ISO plugs make life so much easier, connect it to your loom from the vehicle, it’ll only fit one way so don’t worry yourself over the wires.
• Now connect the other end of the ISO lead (or loom) to the back of your shiny new unit, as above it will only fit one way.
• Plug your aerial wire into its slot on the new unit.
• Now tuck all the leads into the dashboard sliding your new unit in to its cage making sure none of the wires get caught.
• Now its time to try out your work, put the keys in the ignition like you would with any radio and enjoy your new addition.

*this is only a guide, if you don’t feel confident then DON’T do it, and DON’T blame me for any problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.byebyegti.com
dazdavies

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Headunit Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headunit Install   Headunit Install EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:22 pm

some cars have the red any yellows the other way round meaning that the radio wont come on with ignition

to fix simpy change the bullet conectors around red to yellow and yellow to red

and it is advised to disconnect the battery first
Back to top Go down
Tony

Tony

Headunit Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headunit Install   Headunit Install EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:47 pm

you mean the remote lead? which goes of the ignition and can operate an electric arial. These can be blue, the guide is just a basic guide and if your unsure then you should see a professional.
Back to top Go down
dazdavies

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Headunit Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headunit Install   Headunit Install EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 9:06 pm

no i mean red and yellow the constant live and ignition on live
Back to top Go down
Tony

Tony

Headunit Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headunit Install   Headunit Install EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Ah reete my bad, ive never had to do them they ran through my ISO leads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headunit Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headunit Install   Headunit Install Empty

Back to top Go down

Headunit Install
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Night Assassins :: Your first category :: Your Carz :: Help Zone! :: I.C.E-
Jump to: