Night Assassins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Night Assassins

Modified cars, Shows, cruises....

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P

Go down 
+2
viks
Phoenix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Empty
PostSubject: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P EmptyMon May 05, 2008 7:42 pm

ok ok i've been saving the pics for a while but bored on t'interweb now so heres the start of my build thread

ok so started off life as your standard Mk2 breadvan with 55k on the clock, first owner refused to give up his lisence as he was too old to drive and the car did 2500miles in 9 years, then got sold to an older lady who took it up to 55,458miles when i picked it up, drove it for a bit standard as it was mint, the car looked as though it had just come out the factory it was that clean, just had a service and was so clean i didn't want to get in it as i have a tendancy to get thing dirty without trying Laughing

so 2 months later MoT was due and thought "great it'll fly through", well it didn't lol :blink:

needed 4 shocks as all of them had pissed their oil allo over the place so got told it wasn't allowed to leave unless i had ordered new shock, so after a phone call to urban racing (0845 130 7441 - and no i'm not on commission ) i had my G-max -70mm kit on order at the healthy price of £220 but got it a bit cheaper Wink

so ended up looking like this :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 22032006

drove it around for a bit like that till i could save some cash, anyway after a trip to mr bank manager and a nice loan of £2500 i bought my first set of alloys which looked like this :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 18042006
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 18042006001

lol so after a long debat on tyres ended up putting some Dunlop SP9000's on 195/45/13's which was something i would regret to fit due to the width.

so put them on the car as you do and this is what it looked like :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 18042006003
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 18042006006
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 18042006005
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P 18042006004

lol so as you can guess some serious arch work was required as i had just fallen in love with the look of the wheels on the car, so off to the body shop and i kiss good bye to another £1000 of loan money

anyway it ended up like this after 1 and a half weeks work by P&B Moss in st helens (01744 754 546) :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Photos023
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Photos020
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Photos115
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image5
so the wide arch beastie was born after 5 years of dreams and ideas on how i wanted it to look like, anyway next on the agenda was an exhaust, but you can't have arches and wheels like that then just put any exhaust on so back at urban we had a chat and sorted out a custom made bike can with a westfield tailpipe placed on rather than a motorbike one as it gave me a better angle out the back, also joined that to some polished pipe that was on show, the system is a full manifold back 2" stainless system custom built which was also paid for with loan money (yeh still keeps getting spent!) and it ended up like this :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image167

so thats most of it, anyway after a trip to dubfreeze i bought a new ariel just to add to the RC car look which some of you have seen and that now looks like this :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image108
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image107

so next on the list while i was bored at urban was an uber wide willy lower front strut brace as shown in the pics :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image124
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image123

and now welcome to my workshop Very Happy

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image116

in which i have this :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image007
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image121
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image122

my 1.3 GT engine and along with the head :-

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image120
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image119
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image118
Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Image117

so thats where i'm up to at the moment but next plans are hopefully before i go into the army,

PHASE 1
New wishbones tomorrow
New antiroll bar bushes
GT interior inc Mk3 dash conversion
GT engine fitted with bike carbs
4 Branch manifold
Tarox Monza discs + EBC Greenstuff pads
COILOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

PHASE 2
1600AEE engine
Jenvey Throttle Bodies
T3 turbo
DTA standalone management
custom manifold and downpipe
possible subframe
G40 Discs possible Tarox and Hi-spec callipers with EBC Greenstuff pads
Autometer gauges
Back to top Go down
viks

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:47 pm

great log Will! fantastic work hun Smile
Back to top Go down
kelvynR19

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:48 am

keep it up lad good work Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tony

Tony

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 pm

That looks superb mate, alot of time and effort gone into that and it shows.

Tony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.byebyegti.com
Mackem Dave

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 pm

looking smooth that bud, keep it up like
Back to top Go down
townley

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 5:21 am

looks feckin uber mate like it alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P   Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk2 polo build thread - just for you guys :P
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Night Assassins :: Your first category :: Your Carz :: ur pics-
Jump to: