Headunits (basic install)
• First things first you’ll need to remove the old unit using the manufacturers specific tool (no that isn’t a screw driver), slot the tool into the slots on the head unit and with a gentle pull the old unit should slide out.
• Unclip the wiring loom from the back of the unit, its easier if you leave it dangling so its easy to get to later on.
• Now for the cage, this wont fit with your new head unit so unless you plan on keeping it to put the standard unit back in you can remove it how ever you wish and bin it.
• Time for the new cage to go in, you’ll only need to bend a few of the locking tabs over to hold it in place.
• If needed ISO plugs make life so much easier, connect it to your loom from the vehicle, it’ll only fit one way so don’t worry yourself over the wires.
• Now connect the other end of the ISO lead (or loom) to the back of your shiny new unit, as above it will only fit one way.
• Plug your aerial wire into its slot on the new unit.
• Now tuck all the leads into the dashboard sliding your new unit in to its cage making sure none of the wires get caught.
• Now its time to try out your work, put the keys in the ignition like you would with any radio and enjoy your new addition.
*this is only a guide, if you don’t feel confident then DON’T do it, and DON’T blame me for any problems